Rumours have been spreading around Symbian Related websites that the Nokia N95 will be getting yet another firmware updater, bringing the N95's firmware up to version 30! The supposed change log sounds VERY interesting and there's one feature that stands out...
Joelcito of Tododsymbian posted that these new features should be arriving in the proposed V30 firmware:
• Full NGI
• Video content
• Maps 2.0
• Kastor UI
• Share online 3.0 with Ovi
• Nokia search with Google plug in
• Changes to music Shop and player
• Automatic screen Rotation
• Download 3.1
I'm sure most of you are asking yourselves "What's full NGI and Kastor UI?" Well, I don't know what full NGI is either but there is some info on Kastor UI available... Check out this video:
Impressive, isn't it? You can find more info about Kastor here at TAT's site.
Could you imagine this sort of UI on your S60 device? I for one would love something like this on my N95 8GB. However, none of this is confirmed and there are some things that lead me to believe that this firmware update doesn't exist or atleast won't include Kastor...
1)This Kastor UI seems too good to be true, so good in fact that it looks even better than the FP2 UI... Surely Nokia wouldn't allow their old devices to have superior UIs to their new flagships such as the N96?
2) That video above seems to have been made all the way back in 2005, I even checked TAT's site using the wayback machine and there were mentions of Kastor and Symbian back in 2005! Why would Nokia wait a whole 3 years to implement Kastor?
I may of course be wrong and the firmware may truly exist, but we'll have to wait and see...
If anyone has any more info on Kastor or the firmware update, please let us know!